Friday, July 27, 2012

New Year--New School

A few days after I graduated from college (years ago) I was offered a job at my ideal school (inner-city high school).  I was at that school for 11+ years.  I started as a teacher there and then moved to counseling.  I really loved the school and the students.  I was comfortable there.  I knew the faculty/staff and the students.  Last year was my first year as lead counselor.  I was a difficult year, but I was looking forward to making a lot of changes this year in the counseling department.  That won’t happen because I was reassigned.  Although it is sad to leave the only school I have known (as an educator), I see it as a blessing. 

After being at that school for so long, it was time for a change.  Since I wasn’t going to make the change on my own, God made it for me J  

The counselors I’ll be working with are great! They’re extremely nice and sweet.  I’ll still be working with all grade levels, which is what I want.  I’m sure the students are just as great as the students at my old school.  The biggest perk of going to this new school: it’s less than 5 minutes from my house!!!   

For the first time in a few years, I am really looking forward to this school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment