Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Documents I Found Going Through My Teaching Files And An Idea From Pinterest

My computer had to be restored this week—which meant all my programs and fonts were lost L  I still have my LD (Lettering Delights) fonts CD and the free fonts I downloaded, but I have to try to find the other CDs.  I said all that to say-the fonts in the pics are not the same as the word docs.  {I'm going to attempt to add word documents to my blog.  I hope I'm able to do it} {UGH! I wasn't able to do it.  It doesn't look like it's possible....so sad}

The fonts I used for the documents were: Footlight MT Light (already on my computer) and several free fonts: Swagger, Amsterdam Graffiti, Minnie and Mickey and Cheri.  Free fonts are from: http://www.dafont.com/

I designed the cover for a friend.  His only criteria: make it macho. LOL!
I think football is macho.  Btw-his name is not Derek Morgan.  I’m a Criminal Minds fan. 


  

“Sorry I Missed You”: Made these for the same friend to leave on the door during home visits.


“I don’t have my homework”: I used this when I was teaching.  In order for me to consider accepting late work (which I usually didn’t), students had to complete the form and turn in when the homework was due.  They could also use a late work pass or a “Day of Grace” pass (see Binder Coupons).


“We Missed You”: Students staple the sheet to their make-up work.  When the teacher sees the sheet-they will not deduct points for late work.


Binder Coupons: I don’t know who loved these more—me or my students.  I only gave these out a few times a school year and not everyone received one.  This was something you had to earn.  I copied them on bright cardstock (usually orange) and stamped the back with whatever stamp I had so students wouldn’t copy them and give them to their friends (learned that the hard way).  I usually gave them out the first Friday of the school year for students who had their first major assignment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment