Saturday, August 30, 2014

First Week of School

{My goal is to update my blog weekly.  Week one: accomplished!}

One week down!! Not sure how many to go. LOL! The first week was as busy as expected.  


I spent most of the week changing schedules. I was kind of surprised how many of my seniors did not want to take a 5th year English class. Texas only requires 4 years. I tried to convince them to stay in English (AP English Literature) because they will take an English class in college.  My principal and AP wanted them in it too, but approved them to drop AP Lit for another AP course, additional music period (if they are going to major in music in college) or another rigorous course.  

Thankfully, the deadline for students to request schedule changes was Thursday.  Counselors have until the 10th day of school to make changes. I have a few more changes to make Tuesday and then I'll be finished!---Hopefully! I'll probably have to balance some classes, but no more changes!! 

I am starting my senior meetings next week.  Classroom visits first and then individual meetings.  I want to meet with all 250+ of my seniors individually before Open House (October 15).  

Instagram Photo Challenge

Found this Instagram Photo Challenge on Pinterest. It's not my senior year, but I have seniors so it counts :)  Here is the challenge and my week 1 picture.  
Instagram Photo Challenge

Week 1 Photo: First day of school...Registration in the library

And just because it's National Bacon Day...
MMMMMMM.....Bacon!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment